Here comes Summer!
The pictures above give you just a few ideas for what to do when you are staying at Marona in Summer.
You are close enough to walk to the action – no parking, no queues, no aggravation, no worry about how much you have drunk. And yet you are just far enough away to avoid the noise, the crowds and the not so pleasant aspects of revelry!
The children’s park is very close and there are even places you can sit and enjoy some tapas and a cool drink whilst watching the children playing on the beach or in the children’s amusement areas. Fabulous!
Because we have very local connections, we can tip you off about what is happening when and also give you advice about how to get the most from your holiday in Sant Feliu de Guixols in Summer. From little but really useful things like where to park when things are very busy to the best places to stand to see the summer processions of giants, dancers etc etc…
And don’t forget to go to the page which gives you a summary of all the things you can do whilst staying at Marona and Sant Feliu de Guixols.
Officially, Summer starts in mid June and ends in mid September although a lot can depend on the weather and quite often the season gets extended.
On the beach and in the bay you can:
- Have fun in the soft sands
- Play beach volleyball
- Grab a pedalo
- Have a wind surf
- Go Kayaking
- Grab a snorkel and explore the rocks
- When the sun goes down, visit the funfair and children’s play areas
- Have a drink and a few tapas overlooking the beach
From the ports you can:
- Go for a cruise along the coast from Sant Feliu
- Go along the coast a little to the Sant Pol beach (also part of greater Sant Feliu) and have lunch at a fish restaurant overlooking the beach
- Hire your own boat and go “coving” (finding beautiful coves to anchor in, go for a swim, have lunch….)
- Get your scuba diving qualification or go out with the pros to see wondrous sights!
- Hire a jet ski or power boat and have a thrill
- Go for a cruise in a glass bottomed boat
- And the rest of it…!
There are any number of Summer music festivals – the best are in Sant Feliu itself and the other in Palafrugell – magic! We can advise you on what’s on and help you with booking tickets – which is esential for many shows.
There are festivals galore and the Catalans will not miss the opportunity for a dance, a sing song and any other kind of party!
In our guest only pages we show you how to keep in touch with what is going on and where the best vantage points are.
Finally, if you are with us for an extended period, our guest only pages will give you lots of details on what to do, see and experience further afield with lots of day and half day trips.